Highland Hospitals department of Neurology has kept pace with improvements in the field, be they technical or conceptual. The whole range of neurosurgical and spinal procedures are performed at Highland hospital.
Dr Chandranath R. Tiwari (M.B.B.S., M.S. M.Ch – Neurosurgery) is heading the department of Neurology . He is widely regarded as one of the best doctors in handling Complex Brain and Spine Surgeries in India. Dr Chandranath brings his 10 years of proven experience in Brain and Spine Surgeries while handling critical traumatic spine cases, brain tumor, aneurysm & AVM’s with high success rate. The leading surgeon’s immense knowledge and expertise in Neurology continues inspire many in the field. He is an expert in Degeneration Spine Cases, Spinal Disc Prolapse, Spinal Canal Stenosis, Spinal Tumor.
Experienced in Paediatric Neurosurgical problems including Hydrocephalus, Spinabifida, Paediatric Brain & Spine Tumors. He is a medical graduate of Grant Medical College, Mumbai. Done General Surgical post graduate from BJ Medical College, Pune. Trained for neurology at Bombay Institute Med Science.
He has worked under reputed Neurosurgeons during his training years including Dr. Keki Turel, Dr. Andar , Dr. Palande, Dr. Vernim Velham, Dr. Deo Pujari. He has been a faculty at prestigious Grant Medical College and DY Patil Medical College. His main area of interest being critical Brain / Spine trauma cases, brain & Spine tumor, Brain & Spine Vascular problems. He has been a faculty and course director for various microscopic / endoscopic brain & Spine Treatment Causes.
He is known for his expertise in awake craniotomy ( Patient being operated for brain ailments without being completely anaesthetized )
- Worked as a senior resident in the Neurosurgery Department, Grant Medical College, Sir J.J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai.
- Worked as an assistant professor in the Neurosurgery department, Grant Medical College, Sir J.J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- Currently working as an associate professor in Neurosurgery department DY Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai
- Dr. Tiwari has been faculty and course director at the endoscopic and skull base cadaveric dissection workshop at Grant Medical College, attended by Dr. Schroeder.
- He has been faculty and course director for the CV Junction and cervical spine cadaveric dissection workshop at Grant Medical College, attended by Dr. Sontagg.
- Organising secretary for the brachial plexus and peripheral nerve surgery cadaveric dissection workshop at Grant Medical College, attended by Dr. Deborrah from Italy
The human nervous system, the brain, spinal cord and nerves are extremely delicate structures housed in the skull and spine. Surgery on these structures has to be precise and maximally effective and our state-of-the-art operating microscope is therefore used for both brain and spine operations. While all these techniques/technology helps our surgeons give better operative results, post-operative care is equally important. We have an ICU adjoining the operation theatres, where operated patients can recover from the surgery. This facility is staffed by dedicated nurses who are trained to look after neurosurgical patients. Trained physiotherapists work on rehabilitating patients with neurologic dysfunctions for complete recovery.
We excel in following Neuro Care
- Head Injuries
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Maxillo Facial Injuries
- Brain Haemorrhage
- Congenital Arteriovenous
- Cavernous Malformation
- MoyaMoya Disease
Endoscopic Brain Surgeries
- Pituitary Tumor
- Skull Base Tumors
- Ophthalmic Tumors
- ENT Tumors
Pediatric Neuro Problem
- Tumors Development Problems
- Congenital Malformation
- Arnoid Chiari Malformation
Skull Base Surgeries
- Cranial Nerve Tumors
Geriatric Neuro Problem
- Neuro degenerative Disorders
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
We excel in Following Spine Care
Pediatric Spine Problem
- Spina Bifida
- Fracture Dislocation of spine
Spine Neurological Condition
- Transverse Myelitis
Degenerative Spine Problem
- Cervical Spine Problem
- Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc
- Spinal Canal Stenosis
- Ossification of Posterior
- Longitudinal Ligament (OPLL)
- Tuberculosis of Spine
Spine Vascular Malfunction
- Spinal Dural AV Fistula
- Spinal AVM’s
Highland Super Speciality Hospital is registered under Maharashtra (Bombay) Nursing Homes Registration Acts 1949 and is administered and managed in accordance with a Scheme of Management approved by Bombay Nursing Homes act.